Who We Are
Choose from our Fat Cat Catamaran for the ultimate in seagoing style and water adventures. You can join us on one of our daily tours, or why not book a private catamaran charter for just you and your friends and family. For more details please browse our web site.
Booking in advance is highly recommended as our tours and private charters are very popular.
We look forward to welcoming you aboard very soon.
Why Choose Fat Cat?
There are many great options available here on the Mayan Riviera. However Fat Cat is one of the longest running operators with the newest fleet of boats.
- Our wide variety of vessel’s means we have options of all shapes and sizes. With a wide range of prices we will definitely have a boat for you.
- We have an excellent reputation for not sending guests out in poor ocean conditions. We believe your safety and enjoyment is the most important factor.
- Our loyal staff all have many years of experience working with Caribbean Yacht Club. Come back year after year and be looked after by the same familiar faces.
- We offer excellent value for money. You will see from our prices that we are very competitive particularly given the quality of boat you will be chartering with us.
- We love a challenge! If you don’t see what you are looking for ask us. With many years of experience living here on the Mayan Riviera if we do not know where to source what you are looking for we usually know someone who does!
- Our charters cater for all budgets. If you want to be totally spoiled we can put you in touch with a private chef and stock the bar with the very best champagne for you and your VIP guests!
We arrived in Mexico in 2003, with a 7 and 4 year old and the BBC in hot pursuit as we had been chosen for their series Living the Dream. Although the original boat we arrived with is not what we have now we are forever grateful to “Res Ipsa” for setting us off on our dream voyage.
Years on we have expanded the family with some Scottie dogs (Mrs H always mindful of her roots!) and enjoy living and working in the small community of Puerto Aventuras. We affectionately refer to it as Planet Puerto. Never sure if this is because it is “out of this world” or you have to be from another planet to live here! Either way, we love it!
Over the years we have added a second catamaran to the company so we now have Fat Cat Too and Fat Cat Two (who thought up the second name!!!) and have seen the number of guests from far and wide grow. However, we still enjoy meeting as many guests as possible and giving them the personal service they deserve.
Looking back it has indeed been an adventure but they always say that calm seas do not make good sailors.
Not long after we arrived here we were given a book by some new friends (who are now dear friends) – Don’t Stop the Carnival. It is a 1965 novel by American writer Herman Wouk, a comedy about escaping middle-age crisis to the Caribbean. A favourite chapter, Champagne Si, Agua No, is a must read for anyone considering leaving the “rat race” to live the dream………
So now that you have some holiday / vacation reading material ready what are you waiting for?
We hope that you enjoy sailing with the Fat Cat crew.
Meet the Team
When you arrive in Puerto Aventuras for your catamaran adventure Claire and Daniela will be on hand in the office to give you a warm welcome. They are on hand to offer you a refreshment and answer any questions you might have. If you have booked direct with us you will probably already recognize their names. It is always nice to put a face to a name!
You will have a short time to relax in the shade or wander around the gift shops before your guide meets you to take you to the catamaran.
Oscar, Enrique and Juan have all worked for Fat Cat for many years. They are experienced, safety conscious and fun! They will look after you from the moment you step on board until you leave. Nothing is too much trouble. As well as being a professional crew they are all certified dive masters and first aid trained so again your safety is their priority.